Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

So I would first like to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there. I love being a mommy and everyday since we found out on that amazing day in April of 2009. Today I had 2 beautiful boys waking me up with kisses and snuggles. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man behind me through it all, helping me through all of our parenting moments. God has truly blessed us all and I know he will continue to throughout our lives.

I would not be the same woman I am today of course without my incredible father who molded me for 21 years. Since it is Mother's day I wanted to properly thank all of the amazing women who make up what I call my replacement mommas!!

1st and foremost- Nancy-My cousin who also has 4 kids of her own, has been like a mother to me since I was born. She took me in every summer since I was 14, she let me live with her while I was attending college at 18. She has always been there for me no matter what, and I honestly would not be anything without her. She is such a strong person, amazing mother, great role model, gives me the best advice, and supports me not matter what.

She has helped me realize who my Lynn truly was and that I needed my father back in my life. I owe so much to her and will forever feel grateful. I am so happy the relationship we all have and now how close she is to Scott and that she is Seth's godmother. I am happy to see our relationship grow and continue to get stronger.

Next is my incredible Stepmother- Niki- She has known me since I was 4. She has always had in important role in my life but she always had my dad's back on every decision he made with my Sister and I. We really grew together and bonded when my father passed. I know my father is proud of  how close and strong we both have become. She is proudly called NENE and I wouldn't have it any other way. She truly helps me when I have family issues or just need someone to talk things over with.


My Grandmother Vivian- is and will always be a very important woman in my life. She has always made me feel great about myself, she gave me my love for dance, my warmheartedness.She helped me with my big imagination and to love the little things. She was and still is a wonderful mother and grandmother. She is such a good role model and I have so many great memories.



Last but not least my mother-in-law Pat- Has honestly made my life so much better a side from raising the most incredible man in my life. She is a great role model and has stepped in and showed me truly how a mother is suppose to act. She has showed me how to cook, bake, all about how to parent from her perspective and what she has been through. She has love for the lord and family as do I . We are never bored with each other and I am constantly learning. I am eager to see how much our relationship will continue to blossom. I am so blessed to have her.


I honestly know that because of all these amazing women in my family I am the women I am today and will always be well rounded. Yes I have amazing friends that I look to as well. So in saying this I know that I do not need Lynn (my biological mother), at all. I have been broken away from her emotionally, mentally, and physically for years. Many things are still coming out about my child hood from my father's point of view that I am now aware of. I am sure I will continue to learn more as I get older. She is forgiven but it does not mean I have to forget what happened and what she put me through for many years. She wanted me helpless, weak, easily taken advantage of, and naive. I  could and will never do the things she did to me to my children, EVER! I am crying writing this because I am so passionate about this, I will always be a better person because of my childhood but that does not mean it was right. I am the women I am because of my father and these women. She does not deserve my respect, love, hope, or to know my family. She is and will always be my biological mother but that is all. I hope that all of my friends were treated well by their parents but if you were not my love goes out to you and I hope you are stronger for it!
All my love may god bless you,
Love, Sara

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sara........I am crying too as I am writing this. We couldn't have asked for a better wife for our son. You always have HIS back in everything and are outstanding as a mother to your two sons.....our grandsons. I am always glad to help out whenever you need me. We always have a lot of fun together and our values are almost identical. Thank you for being the person, wife and mother that you are. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm so happy mom!! love you! You are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete